I Want “Healthy Beautiful” Legs!
Are you one those that have said, “Wow, she has nice toned shapely Legs, or Wow, he has a nice set of Legs!”
Yes, relatively few of us are truly blessed by nature with naturally great looking legs.
You may want to check your “Family Tree.”
Our “genealogy” plays a large part in whether or not you have nice healthy legs. Vascular problems may run in your family. Some experts believe there is a weakness in the gene that governs the development of the veins. Could be defects in the structure of valves and veins…in some people a decrease in the number of valves in the veins. If this is the case, if you are over weight or do heavy lifting this causes an overload on our veins in our legs, causing numerous (ugly and painful) problems to occur in our legs.
If you find a history of varicose veins in your family, the SOONER you follow preventive care for your legs, the better and safer your legs will be.
The “Good News” there’s numerous ways to help keep our legs healthy, shapely and pleasing to the eye.
Follow the “tips” below, to help postpone their development or ease any discomfort and will vastly benefit the wellbeing and appearance of your LEGS:
- Exercise…Get Moving – Get that “toned look” get those muscles working in the lower limbs to contract and push blood through the veins and back to the heart…which doctors agree can lessen the symptoms of varicose veins. Easy way to accomplish this is walking, hiking, swimming cycling or similar activities 3 to 4 times a week, doing a 30 to 45 minute workout. It’s always good to consult with your physician to get recommendations.
- Avoid standing or sitting “long” periods of time… Depending on your occupation. If possible get up or exercise your legs by lifting them up above the level of your heart (6 to 12 inches).
- Flex your Feet – Stand on your toes and flex the heel up and down ten times. This helps stimulate blood circulation in your legs and “yes” will improve the appearance of your Legs!
- Hydrate your Body properly – The old “8 x 8 rule” …Drink eight 8 ounces glasses of water each day.
AVOID…a severe limit consumption of sugar, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid Crossing Legs – Sitting with your legs crossed can slow circulation to and from your lower legs.
- Desk Job, Check your Seat – If you sit in a chair with a seat that is too deep for your leg length: The front edge of the chair digs into the back of your knees, compressing blood vessels and restricting blood flow. Get a chair that fits your body better, or scoot your backside away from the chairs back until the pressure on your legs is relieved.
- Wear Compression Stockings – Improve your “blood circulation” help avoid your veins from “working” so hard…trying to transport the blood back to your heart. Yes…WEAR…Compression Stockings to help prevent or reduce any swelling, spider veins or varicose veins in your legs.
Compression Stockings can make you feel better about the way your legs look.
Feel “Energized” All Day Long!!! Check out todays fashionable compression and support hose for the traditional and professional work places.
The “TRUTH IS” our legs are very important and should not be neglected. They carry and support us every day of our entire life. Be good to your legs, they deserve our attention and we should care about their well-being!
Written by Admin 04-12-16