First is the Carolon Multi-Layer Wrap
The above Multi-Layer Wrap image is showing a professional clinician wrapping for precise leg compression recommended by a physician for healing and circulation. See the other image showing the finish result, using the Multi-Layer Wrap for the foot and leg. The Vascular Leg Wrap is a long stretch fabric which contains a high amount of spandex, allowing clinicians to apply varying amounts of tension with minimal creep. Equally important, this continuous application of compression reduces edema and ensures stable compression levels for leg healing and leg circulation.
Anti-Microbial Sleeve Helps prevent skin breakdown by:
• Soft terry cushioning lines the sleeve, no seams, no overlapping of fabric.
• Reciprocating heal reduces fabric creases in front of ankle and enhances proper fit and sleeve stability.
• Decreased slippage down the leg helps prevent mid-calf secondary ulcer due to friction co-efficiencies between the sleeve and wrap.
• Sleeve fabric designed with vertically packed stitching decreases vertical collapse.
Edema Reactive Compression Wrap
• Easily controlled compression application with Advanced Compression Wrap.
• Wrap provides stable compression levels during treatment for up to 7 days.
• Shade Change technology helps ensures proper desired graduated pressure.
• Allows skin respiration unlike other compression systems.
• Decreases wound maceration by fabric wicking.
The wrap has been designed specifically for the treatment of leg ulcers. By using higher denier spandex yarns combined with a unique weave structure, the wrap maintains sustained compression not found in any other multi-layer systems. Sustained compression helps prevent slippage down the leg, unlike other compression systems that have a high creep factor.
This means that over time the system stays in place maintaining accurate compression levels enhancing the therapeutic effect of compression.
In the article posted https://www.clwk.ca/buddydrive/file/guideline-compression-therapy-final-2016-may/ Guideline: Application of Compression Therapy to Manage Venous Insufficiency & Mixed Venous/Arterial Insufficiency. This article noted:
· To promote healing and prevent venous leg ulcer recurrence, therapeutic compression must provide sufficiently high compression to eliminate edema. This is called graduated compression from ankle to calf (elastic compression therapy only) and continue over a lifetime.
· Compression therapy is achieved through the use of compression wraps or compression garments. These provide high, moderate or low compression.
· Evidence suggests that compression therapy increases venous ulcer healing compared to no compression. The high compression is more effective than low compression, and low compression is better than no compression.
· Compression wraps are classified as elastic (long-stretch), or (short-stretch or rigid), and can be applied in 1, 2, 3 or 4 layers depending on the product used.
· The degree of compression produced by a compression wrap over time is determined by the interaction among the: o physical structure and elastic properties of the wrap; o size and shape of the limb to which it is applied; o skill and technique of the professional applying the wrap; and o nature of the physical activity undertaken by the client.
· While first line compression therapy usually involves wraps, compression garments (stockings, reusable inelastic devices, or tubular sleeves). The effective second line therapy is when clients cannot tolerate compression wraps and are used to prevent the recurrence of a healed ulcer.
Second is the Carolon Multi-Layer Stocking with Understocking
CAROLON Brand – Multi-Layer Compression Stockings – EASY to put On – By ALL Individuals
Overstocking and Understocking are designed to work together to provide clinically appropriate compression. Available in 30-40mmHg or 40-50mmHg. Understocking can be worn alone during sleep to provide 15-20mmHg while patient is recumbent.
Ease of Application
Application and removal are more easily facilitated since compression is divided among two layers. The fabric on the Overstocking has been specifically designed to slide comfortably over the Understocking.
A Transition to Healing
After the patient’s edema has been stabilized with the Carolon Wrap System, the Multi-Layer Stocking system should be used. The advanced Multi-Layer Stockings provides accurate compression, proven healing performance, superior patient compliance. This allows patients to take part in the application of their own compression therapy.
In Conclusion: Both the Multi-Layer Wrap and the Multi-Layer Compression Stockings provide advanced compression to manage and treat venous leg ulcer’s. However, the Multi-Layer Wrap can ONLY be put on by professional clinicians. The compression level is determined by the physician, providing either high, moderate or low compression. Good news, the Multi-Layer Stockings can be put on by the individual wearing the stockings. For this reason, the Multi-Layer Compression Stockings with the overstocking and understocking provides a combination of 30-40mmHg for the entire leg. Moreover, the two work together providing the right amount of compression for healing and promoting good leg circulation.
Call us Today, we have (LIVE) Certified Fitting Specialist to assist you with any question or concerns, and how to measure for a proper fit to stimulate blood circulation, relieving Swollen Painful Legs. 1-844-629-9642