SPIDER VEINS – How can I prevent them?
Written by admin on June 18, 2015
What is Spider Veins?
Small blood vessels near the surface, typically blue or red colored that are dilated appearing in a cluster or spiderweb (hence the name). Spider veins are not dangerous and they are not essential for circulation, however they can be extremely unattractive. They typically show up on face and legs.
Unfortunately, this problem of spider veins is not always preventable, heredity is the primary case, women are more susceptible, hormones weaken the vessels during pregnancy.
Here is some things you can do to help Prevent and Reduce your Risk:
- Too much exposure to the sun…Protect yourself with sunscreen – not only does it help the chances of developing skin cancer, dark spots and wrinkles. No one wants these unattractive veins…especially on the face.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time – If you sit at work, get up at least every 30 minutes to walk around. If you stand long periods of time, try changing positions, shifting your weight between each of your legs, to get your blood circulation moving more freely.
- Avoid crossing your legs while sitting – when you cross your legs for extended periods of time, it can cut off circulation in your legs causing vessels damage and weaken the walls and valves causing spider veins and varicose veins to appear.
- No Hot Baths – vessels close to the skin dilate in heat, causing easy brusing and damage to these vessels causing spider veins to start appearing.
- Lose Weight & Exercise Regularly – maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise will help keep your body weight down, preventing adding pressure on your veins. By exercising your legs helps improve your leg strength, muscle tone, blood circulation and vein strength. Symptoms associated with throbbing and painful of the legs is a sign of vascular insuffiencey. Avoid excess salt, as this can cause ankles to swell. Drinking plenty of water is good for weight loss.
- Wear Compression Stockings – Old time remedy, been around a long time. Yes, by wearing compression stockings your legs are gentley squeezed or compressed during the day, putting helpful pressure to the legs and blood vessels, helps improve your blood circulation to force blood to flow upwards towards your heart. You don’t need a prescription to buy compression stockings. You can buy them online , a Certified Fitting Specialists can help with the proper fitting and questions. Call us today at 1-844-629-9642, one of our expert, certified fitting specialists will gladly assist you with sizing for a proper fit and a comfortable compression stocking or sock.
Be Smart…take Charge of your legs…Follow these above tips to ensure more healthier body and legs….Naturally!!